Wednesday, July 16, 2014

the meaning behind the name.

I have been promoting my blog on different social media sites like Instagram and Twitter, hoping people would read and understand what I've had to say. Thankfully, they have. One of my friends have requested a topic that I think is quite unique, so I decided to expand on it. 

Q: Your name on Instagram is flawlesshysteria and your blog name is divine-delirium. Since they are so closely related, what do those names mean to you on a personal level?

I have always been told that I was pretty or beautiful or stunning, etc etc. Even when I was much younger, people would stop my mother and compliment her on how beautiful I was, and I would just smile and accept. All of these compliments would make someone cocky, supposedly, or narcissistic. Not me. I have always been humbled when someone calls me beautiful because I believe that beauty is more than just a pretty face. Beauty is having the ability to make heads turn from your confidence and style and poise and glowing personality. Beauty is hard work and perseverance and patience. Beauty is ambition put into action. Beauty is being comfortable in your natural skin and being okay with the world seeing you just as you are. Beauty is being you and fully you, not altering a thing for a soul. Beauty is when you walk into a room and people don't just notice your physical presence, but also feel your enigmatic aura around them. And maybe when people have called me beautiful, they didn't mean to go that deep. But that's how I see it, and that is how I take the compliment every time. 

There are many words associated with the word beautiful, like pulchritudinous, flawless, stunning, capturing, divine. I chose the word flawless because although I am flawed, I recognize, accept, and flaunt my flaws, therefore making me flawless. I chose the word divine because the thoughts that come from my mind are synonymous to how I feel as a person--nothing less than divine. Not perfect, but perfectly tainted--divine. 

I know a lot of people, and people who have associated with me know that I am wild and crazy. And by that I don't mean standing on tables and doing the Coyote Ugly (not saying I wouldn't either haha). I mean I am never afraid to be my weird, awkward, goofy, outgoing self, no matter who is around or who is watching. I don't live for others, I live for myself. So you best believe that I will act as myself and show my true colors to everyone who encounters me. When I was younger, I was teased and taunted. Not only because I had a slight unibrow and a shadow of a stache, but also because I was so quirky. I made weird faces and weird noises and I wasn't like everyone else. And we all know that when people don't understand something, they make fun of it. That was me, the one no one understood. And after trying to cover up that side of me and trying to be "normal" for pretty much all of middle school and a little piece of high school, I decided that there's no such thing as normal, and if there is, I don't want to be it if that mean I'm not being myself. So I embrace any time someone calls me weird or crazy or goofy because that's exactly what I am and I am happy to be who I am. That is the reason why I chose the words hysteria and delirium, because they are better words for crazy. 

So all in all, flawlesshysteria and divine-delirium define me in two short words. I am crazy and beautiful, and I love me that way. 


1 comment: