Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Life.

Hey guys!

So, my best friend Jackie would be so so so so proud of me for blogging, but I'm honestly going to try to blog more so I can work on my writing skills, since I have declared myself a Mass Communications major with a minor in Journalism.

I have recently started a new life at my new university named Frostburg State University. It's in a chilly part of...umm...I think western Maryland, ya know, the part of Maryland with the mountains and bears and snow. I love it here! Although not everyone is friendly, for the most part people say hi when they walk past you and they hold doors open when you're behind them, so I think that's good. I like my roommate a lot. Her name is Deva (pronounced diva) and her birthday is 2 days after mine. She's super cool and funny, I like her. I take SIX classes, which is quite tiring, but I'll get through it.

I'm in my second semester of what should be my junior year, but because of my disorganization and constant absentmindedness, I am still a sophomore. I am trying my best to become who I want to be, but it's becoming more difficult by the day.

I can't seem to stay focused. I always allow some person, some situation, some disheartening news to affect my journey to my dreams. I allow these things to hinder me, stagger me, and I hate it. Why does that happen, you may ask. It's because I put everyone above myself all the time. I allow people to treat me how the want in fear of me hurting their feelings if I tell them, "Hey, I don't like this" or "Hey, don't do that". I put everyone's wants, needs, and feelings before my own, and it's not okay.

I have realized my happiness is my biggest goal. I deserve to be happy, I deserve the best, and I don't deserve to settle. If I have to settle, then I would rather be alone. And alone doesn't mean lonely, by the way. I came out from the womb alone, I can make it alone.

I am determined to be happy and successful in all of my future endeavors.

Join the ride, bloggers. It's going to be a long one.

--Kdot.

No comments:

Post a Comment