Just kidding (but I do like the nickname K-dawg lol).
So, this past Sunday July 21st, I gained enough confidence, energy, and cash to take a trip to New York City for the day to audition for The Face, a modeling show hosted and judged by Naomi Campbell, Coco Rocha, and Karolina Kurkova. Getting there was a hassle in itself; it's kinda hard to muster up $120 in a day, but I was determined to give this my best shot. I had auditioned for America's Next Top Model before, and it didn't go so well (the judge was so wrapped up in her conversation that she couldn't tell me when to start talking for the recording) so I had to try my talent once again.
I wake up at 4:00am, get to Union Station in Washington, D.C. at around 4:30, bought some McDonalds breakfast (probably not the best model breakfast) and boarded my 5:25am train to New York.
I arrive at Penn Station in NYC at 8:30am. I'm bumbling with excitement. "What will they think of me?" "How is my walk?" "Let me practice my face." All of these thoughts running through my head as I walk to West 26th Street to Chelsea Studios. Here's some pictures from my walk!
Finally, I was thrown into a line of 10 other girls in a dance studio-looking room. The judge told us all to state our name, where we were from, and why we should be chosen as "The Face". I gave it my best shot, with all the spunk and spice in my veins. I wasn't chosen, but I appreciated the experience.
Maybe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment